Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm THAT girl....

I'm that girl. I'm your cousin's friend's co-worker. I'm your mom's neighbor's friend's daughter. I'm pregnant. I'm the girl who tried for two years, did IVF, had a baby and then got pregnant on their own unexpectedly.

I'm so excited about this pregnancy. I nearly screamed with joy at seeing my first ever positive pregnancy test. I'm overwhelmed at the idea of having two under two but I'm excited about this new little one. I also feel like I've totally betrayed the infertile community. I feel like a jerk.

I think 9 out of 10 people I've told about this pregnancy have made a comment like, "I hear that happens all the time" or "I know so many people that has happened for." One person even said, "I guess when you relax and your mind isn't on it, then it can just happen."
Please know that I have corrected ALL of these people (and I had to really resist the urge to punch the person who mentioned relaxing).

But I have become that girl. One of the stories that people will tell to try to encourage someone struggling with infertility. A story that won't encourage anyone in the midst of shots, procedures and home pregnancy tests. I apologize in advance to anyone who ever hears this story and wants to throw things or hit people because of it. (I've been there. I know.)

Friends, I think this is the last dance for dancing with infertility. It seems time to dim the lights, turn the music off and rest awhile.
I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this....but if you are, please know that this girl is still hoping and praying that each and every one of us out there in the infertile blogsphere is called Mommy someday.
It is hard to explain the encouragement and love I have felt from so many of you that I only know through your blogs. But thank you for everything.

~Amy

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

THAT girl is a great girl to be! Congratulations!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

Still reading here!

Congrats on your pregnancy and best of luck. And don't apologize, I know I'd love to be "that" girl ;)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

yay I have your blog again! I lost all my blogs. I'm glad you're that girl :) I hope I am too!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you and wish you nothing but the best on your new adventure, Momma! XOXO

6:35 PM  
Blogger docgrumbles said...

well, someone has to be that girl. at least you are one who corrects the misconceptions.

congrats!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. I have to comment...even though I am 2 months late. I followed your blog during your IVF cycle - it was right when I found out that IVF was our only hope. So, I had high hopes for us. Well, it took 2 cycles, but we now have a 5 month old girl. How time flies. Anyway, I just want to say congrats. This is a miracle, and I am so happy for you. I secretly hope I will be that girl too - but with only a few spermies I doubt it will happen. Anyway, congrats!!!!!!

-Maggie (MandJPP on SAIF)

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Thanks for the encouragement! It is so good to hear success stories like yours!

7:46 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

WOW, clicked on your blog to get an update after you congratulated me and YAY!!! Great news for you too! Congrats!

5:48 PM  
Blogger In Search of Morning Sickness said...

You know what's weird? This is me too now... Three years, bunches of IUIs/medicated cycles, 2 IVFs to get our Baby Girl.... and then, a natural pregnancy. My girl was 18 months old, and we weren't trying at all... And it happened. It's the most wonderful and shocking thing ever.

I am excited for what I read for you. I assume you have your baby now, and two under two is a busy life. I don't even know why I've been to my old blog and reading old IF blogs. Maybe to see if others' stories have turned out as happy as mine. hoping.

Anyway, congrats!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home