Monday, October 22, 2007

We have a heartbeat....

I've been so anxious about this day. I don't know if all newly pregnant women feel this anxiety about the first ultrasound or if this a unique feeling to those of us who've struggled to get this far...

We went into Dr. K's and saw our little baby and a flickering heart on the ultrasound screen. I told Dr. K, "This is so much better than all the other ultrasounds I've had." I had tears in my eyes as we watched the little flicker on the scrren.

Dr. K gave us a few instructions and talked about when I needed to set up an appointment with my OB/GYN. Then he hugged me and shook JW's hand....and that was it. I started crying again. I love Dr. K. I've so looked forward to "graduating" from the RE but I'm going to miss him too. I want to send something to their office but what exactly says "Thanks for making our dream come true!"

Anyway, afterwards JW and I went to lunch and then I enjoyed the rest of the day snuggled on my couch with my dog watching Tivo and napping while it poured rain outside. Back to the real world tomorrow :)

OH!! And my due date is June 6th....the day before my 10 year reunion....I guess I'll be sitting it out!! Woohoo!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Congratulations. My due date is May 26th, so I'm only about a week and a half ahead of you. We also have been struggling to conceive. Seeing that flickerign heart was truly the most amazing thing ever!

I'm very happy for you!

6:26 AM  
Blogger In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I just cried reading this... I could not be happier for you guys. To have seen the heartbeat of your precious little one is AMAZING... May all your dreams come true. What sweet news.

6:38 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Oh that is sooooo wonderful. I wept like a baby after the RE left the room the first time we saw the heartbeat. It was such a relief and such an amazing sight. I am so glad you have made it to this wonderful milestone!!! Looking forward to many more!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

Yay for heartbeat! Congrats!

2:39 PM  
Blogger E. Phantzi said...

congratulations! My edd is june 3 :-) I cried too at the u/s. Happy for you!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Congratulations! Isn't that an amazing sight? Here's to more "best ultrasounds ever!"

2:16 PM  
Blogger glenna marshall said...

What wonderful news!! I'm excited for you!!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home