Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Three day weekend....

Well ladies I hope you had a restful and fun Memorial Day Weekend. Our three days were the perfect mix of busy and lazy.

Saturday--We had a showing early in the morning so we got up and went to run errands. We went to Lowe's so JW could get some stuff to fix the sprinkler system. We went to Babies R Us and picked up some last minute items. We also ran to Target where I got a new skillet and few other things but did not get any food.
Then we drove over to Dallas to look at houses. We have now found 2 houses we like. We are going back on Tuesday night to see them back to back and hopefully we'll be able to make a decision about which one is going to be the new house for us.

Sunday--Sunday I did nothing. Seriously. Nothing. JW went to the Colonial golf tournament with some guy friends and I stayed home. I slept in. I piddled around the house. I watched the last 30 minutes of Legends of the Fall on cable. I took a nap. I read the internets. I finally showered about 6:30pm or so. It was a gloriously lazy day. Then JW came home and we discussed how we had literally no food at all....so we went back to Target to grocery shop. Honestly I don't mind grocery shopping but it is way better when JW comes along. We just laugh a lot. And grocery shopping at Target is great because you can get a popcorn and a coke for $1 at the little food court....and it just makes the whole experience a little brighter and more fun. Plus I like shopping with JW because we have conversations like this:

JW: What do you need this for?
Me: Oh, I'm going to make lasagne.
JW: Seriously? That's awesome.

Then of course I feel like a great wife because the idea of me making lasagne has made my husband so happy. And I know he'll be even happier once I actually make the stuff. Ahh..domesticated life.

Monday--We woke up at 9am which is pretty early for me on a day when I don't have anywhere to be. Then we kicked it into high gear and here is what we accomplished. (I use the term "we" loosely here since JW did almost everything. I was just a supervisor)
1) Weeded flower beds at the bases of the two trees in our front yard. Pulled all the weeds, planted new flowers and mulched the beds. This is actually the part where I worked the most
2) Made brunch--apple cinnamon pancakes and bacon. Mmmm.....
3) JW went and bought a computer he'd been researching that was on sale. I use my work laptop for everything....and since my last day of work is June 5th I couldn't be computerless
4) JW put together the bouncy seat
5) and the swing.
6) He made chicken for dinner (I can barely stand to look at raw chicken....it is actually like a huge step for me that I can even look at it long enough to pick out one to buy in the grocery store...pathetic I know) and I made a salad.

Now let the work week begin....

1 Comments:

Blogger Yetty said...

Just checking up on you. How are you doing? Take care of you

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home