Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Doctor Update...

Well, I called the nurse this morning and her words were "severely anemic." I've struggled with anemia on and off my whole life so this wasn't a shocker. It was a relief to hear that I passed the 1 hour glucose test. It made me feel terrible so I was dreading the thought of the 3 hour and dreading even more the possibility of gestational diabetes.
So I get to take a prescription iron pill every day and have my blood redrawn in a month. Between you and me I'm really bad at remembering to take pills. I can easily remember to give myself an injection every day but even during IF treatments it was always hard for me to remember to take the oral medications. Maybe I will make JW responsible for reminding me to take my iron....that way at least I can blame it on someone else if I forget.

2 Comments:

Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I'm sorry about the anemia but it sounds better to me to take a pill a day than to have to do a special diet and maybe more shots. I hope you remember them! Good luck!

9:31 PM  
Blogger glenna marshall said...

RYC: The book is called The Diaper Free Baby, and it is about Elimination Communication. It can be done full-time, part-time, or occaisonally. The book is a VERY easy read and really centers on understanding your child's cues of when they need to "go". It's amazing really; I'm pretty sold on it so far, but if you read the book, you'll see that it CAN work for working moms. Just FYI. ;) I know it is not for everyone, but I think it's pretty cool.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home