Monday, June 02, 2008

It's the week of the show....

It's a big week for us. I'm finishing up work. Three days of the school year left. It is so surreal. The school year always ends....I just haven't totally absorbed that I won't be back in the fall. JW came to my school this afternoon and loaded up all my personal belongings. My office looks bare.

We think we've found a house. It is a little bit of a project house. It has a great floorplan but will need lots of comestic stuff--paint, new countertops, etc. We plan on making an offer here in the next few days.

And sometime this week our baby will be born. My due date is Saturday. I was 90% effaced and dilated 1 cm at my appointment today. My doctor also scheduled an induction for Wednesday the 11th "just in case" but doesn't seem to think I'll get to that point. So, sometime in the next two weeks our baby will be here.
I really can't believe it. We've waited so long....not just 9 months. 2 years and 9 months. The past few days I've thought a lot about the 2 years of waiting....temping, medications, IUIs, break cycles and ultimately our IVF cycle. I remember times of feeling so hopeless. I remember questioning if we'd ever actually have a baby. And here we are. On the verge. I can't wait to hold our little one. To whisper in his (or her) ears about how long we've waited and how loved this little baby is and how it was worth every sucky moment.

I'll keep you posted...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark, Christine, Ava and Cuatro Danuser said...

I love you, Twister. And I can't wait to share the special moments of Peanut's birthday with you and Josh. This is a BIG FREAKIN' DEAL...for all of us. And you totally deserve every ounce of happiness that is coming your way. Get ready for the BEST THING EVER -- being Peanut's mommy!!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger andrea_jennine said...

Lots of excitement on your horizon!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

WOW! I can't believe the time is already here! Looking forward to reading that your little one has arrived. :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Oh how exciting!!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Yetty said...

Just reading your post made me feel all mushy inside. The moment is finally here. I'm quite excited for you

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home