Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mother's Day is Coming

I like Mother's Day. I love my mom and my mother in law and it has always been about them. Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately about how our church recognizes moms on mother's day....you see they have all the moms stand and the kids bring them carnations. It sounds cheesy but it is really sweet (our church only has about 100 people attend on Sundays).

So I keep thinking about how I'm going to feel on Mother's Day when all those moms stand up to get their flowers and for yet another year I'm not standing. I was starting to get depressed and thinking maybe we should skip church that morning.....isn't that terrible?

Problem solved though.....I got the nursery schedule in the mail and I'm in the nursery on Mother's Day.....so I'll spend Mother's Day morning working in the nursery. Honestly, that will probably suck too.

Actually I've been thinking that if this injectible/IUI cycle is a bust that I'm going to tell our children's minister that I can't work in the nursery for a while. I only work once a month but I feel like the past few months have been so sad for me. Plus, it seems like such a place for people to ask "When are y'all having kids?" which at church I answer truthfully with "When the Lord is ready to give them to us."......this usually leads to more questions. Maybe I should just say, "Oh dear. I don't even want to think about that." which is also true. I don't want to think about it. I wish I didn't think about it all the time.

Sometimes I feel like the infertile version of Debbie Downer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home