Monday, June 11, 2007

Caught Between a Rock and a Hard Place.

Today is CD1. Cycle 22.

The Rock: Our insurance has yet to approve our IVF coverage. Either they are going to approve for us to go ahead with IVF or they are going to require 2 more IUIs with injectibles.

The Hard Place: We can't do injectibles with IUI this cycle because the lab will be closed one week and my doctor will be out on vacation the next week.

So here's where we are.....we have a couple of options in front of us:
1) Just wait until we hear from insurance and what they say which probably means taking this month off entirely.

2) Go ahead and start the IVF protocol (step #1: birth control pills) and see if the insurance comes through before I need to start the Lupron

3) Call Dr. K's office to see if there is another doctor who can do the IUI if we do injectibles this cycle.

So here we are. We're trying to decide what to do next. Your thoughts? Your experiences?
We, of course, will be praying like crazy over this the next few days and discussing it with our church community but I'm interested in what my friends inside the computer have to say as well.

Labels: ,


Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Amy! I think you guys should see if another doc can do the IUI/injects. What if your insurance does require two more and you've already started IVF, it's so stinken expensive!! I think it's worth two more months/2 more IUI's to have it covered! I hope you find peace in whatever decision you make! :-)

Plus maybe you'll get your BFP with the IUI's and you won't have to go through with IVF!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

ps. who are you on the nest? I honestly can't remember how I found your blog!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home