Monday, September 10, 2007

This morning I found out that I'm dumb....

I had an appointment at Dr. K's today. My official appointment time was at 8:30am. I know that I can go in earlier if I want to but I just couldn't pull myself out of bed. Then there was a wreck on the highway. I stroll into the office at 8:40 and ALL of the chairs in the waiting room are filled. ALL being all 9 chairs but still. So I wait. I finally get called back at 9:20am....quick stick...blood work done and I'm headed to work.
But wait, Nurse Jennifer can I ask you a quick question about my meds??

And I find out that I've done the Repronex wrong 3 times now. Ughh!! Basically when the medical assistant did my med teach she told me to switch one of the numbers on the sheet to 1/2 cc....but left the other number at 1 1/2 ccs. So I've been drawing 1 1/2 ccs of liquid out of vial one.....adding it to vial 2.....and then only drawing 1/2 cc back out. It didn't make sense so I asked if there should be medicine left in the pink vial and of course there shouldn't be. I'm so dumb. I guess we'll see how the numbers go with the blood work.

The waiting room at Dr. K's is so interesting to me. It is small and NOBODY talks. They have magazines but I go to the RE so frequently that the magazines are never new. One lady today had a gigantic bag filled with magazines and what looked like a small cooler. She was obviously prepared for the wait. I wanted to ask to borrow one of her magazines but I thought that might be weird.
Anyway, today two ladies had their husbands with them but when the nurse called their names the husbands didn't go back. Isn't that weird? I mean, why is your husband here at the doctor with you?? Just to sit in the waiting room? JW comes with me sometimes. He comes on IUI days and he came for the hysteroscopy because I needed a ride home and he came last week because we had questions for Dr. K....but he comes back into the little room. I know it isn't the most comfortable thing for him but it seems silly for him to just sit outside a wait. Maybe these guys get queasy really easy.....but if you can't see your wife in the stirrups now what are they going to do on their baby's birthday???

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That repronex is confusing! Somehow I used the wrong size needle for the first couple repronex injections. It was super long, so I don't know what I was thinking!

I am so with you about the lack of new mags at the RE's office. Ugh.

3:56 PM  
Blogger andrea_jennine said...

I didn't use the Repronex, but I was definitely nervous about using the meds incorrectly! Hopefully everything will be fine for you.

And yes, RE waiting rooms are one of the strangest places...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Nica said...

I don't think ANYONE makes eye contact or is sociable in the waiting room. It's a law...

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

At my clinic, husbands aren't even allowed to come back for most procedures. I actually had to beg for my husband to watch the ultrasound with me! It makes no sense to me, either.

2:32 PM  
Blogger katd said...

My husband always came with me. It was so awful because he knew one of the nurses from college - it's one thing to be able to go in there relatively undercover, quite another to hand "specimens" and the like to some chick you used to have literature class with :)

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home