Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Working for the weekend....

Well, I'm at work (which means I probably shouldn't be blogging). I love my job but it is pretty self directed and no one really checks in on me. So, I pretty much work at my own pace....or look at the internet for half the day and work really fast the rest of the day.

Anyway, just a quick update. We went to see Dr. K yesterday for our baseline appointment. Everything looked good. We had come up with several questions after the embryology class and we got all those answered. I decreased my Lupron to 5cc...which seems like an almost pointless amount and now we're just counting the days until stims start.

We are going to a football game this Saturday night so I'll be carrying my stims and probably injecting at the stadium or in the car.....either way it should be an adventure. One thing I do like about the shots is the reaction people have when they hear that you give yourself shots. It makes me feel so tough. Although I wasn't so tough this morning when I flinched and didn't stick the needle in right away....that is the worst!!

My good friend, T$, is headed back to Virigina today with her husband for their snowbabies. Keep your fingers crossed that all three little embryos survive the great thaw and at least one sticks. T$ is my inspiration....if she can survive the progestrone shots so can I!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Good luck to your friend--and good luck to you with the stadium injection!

Putting together an email for the book tour and I didn't have an email address for you. Could you write me: thetowncriers@gmail.com so I can add you to the list?

12:30 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Have fun tonight! I'm sure it will be interesting to inject yourself in the backseat of a car or in a public restroom. Fun times!

BTW, injects do make you a tough cookie. Not everyone would be willing to do it so you are definitely a strong woman!

1:47 PM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

We are all tough chicks! And not just because of the shots we do ourselves but because of everything!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Searching said...

I would agree, use that tough chick slant to your advantage. I was thinking about it today (lots of doc office waiting time and I finished my book- always good time to ponder) and if I had to start Lupron I don't think my hubby would do the shots for me. He had to learn how to do my Epi-pen, but that's easy peasy. An actual SHOT involves some technique and the ability to not jab yourself in the finger or bend the needle. Give yourself lots of credit for that! I'm sure it would add all sorts of excitement to shoot up in a crowd, or a lovely public restroom. Perhaps the car would be a tad nicer... GL with it and ENJOY the game!! Glad to hear the appt went well and you got some questions answered. :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger andrea_jennine said...

It's true, it is nice to impress people with the shots we give ourselves; I think it's the only part of the IVF experience that fertile people can really wrap their minds around enough to understand what an intense process it is...

5:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Great news that you're starting stims soon! Shooting up does make you feel tough, doesn't it? Shooting up in a public place is really bad ass.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for your friend!

6:09 PM  
Blogger In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Yeah, I LOVELOVELOVE telling people I give myself multiple shots a day, at all sorts of places. With all my IUI's, I'd have to ice my belly/butt for the shots, but going into IVF I knew that'd be a huge hassle.... Sure enough I dont even ice anymore. As Andrea said, it's about the only thing fertiles can grasp about how tough IF treatment is.

I can't wait to find out what the PIO is like. I'm not looking forward to it, but eager to not be wondering any longer. GOOD LUCK

8:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Brand said...

You are a tough girl. All of us that face IF are. We are one special group of girls. :)

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home