Sunday, August 12, 2007

The burden of my heart...

In the past week I feel like a lot of people around me are hearing the word "No" or the word "Wait" from the Lord. We heard it when our IUI didn't work and if you're reading this and you heard it then you know who you are.

I read a story on another blog that I wanted to share here. It is the story about a mother and her oldest son. The boy tells her that "when I ask for something you say no half the time." And in the moment she replied, "Well then you should be thankful for the half of the time that I say Yes."
After a blow up later in the day she is apologizing and comforting her son and she tells him:

“I love you even more than you have the capacity to realize at your age. I want you to know that I will say “yes” to you whenever I can, but sometimes I have to say, “no.” There are times when I will be able to give you a good reason for the no, but sometimes I don’t have a reason that you will understand or even like. You’ll just have to trust me.”

And isn't that exactly what our Father would say to us. The Lord loves us more than we have the capacity to realize. He sent his only Son to die for us. The Lord sometimes says "yes" and sometimes says "no." And we don't always understand or even like the "no's" but we must trust that the Lord knows what is best for us because He is our Father and loves us.

So, I will say “Yes, Lord, I will trust you in the no’s. I will remember that you love me and I will recall all of your yes’s.”

The Lord will accomplish what concerns me. Psalm 138: 8.

If you want to check out more from this mom, their family blog is http://paulsaxon.com/ She has several things she has written on the side bar under "Leigh's thoughts" that are blow you away inspirations. Actually, the entire blog is a chronicle of this family's amazing journey to walk by faith and put their hope in nothing but Jesus Christ as their middle son battles cancer.

1 Comments:

Blogger nickoletta100 said...

Thank you, that was a lovely post. I will go check out her blog.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home