Monday, October 29, 2007

Belly pats and Bella Bands....

Last week a woman at work patted my belly. It was kind of sweet and entirely uncomfortable at the same time. People seem taken aback when they notice my pooch and ask how far along I am. "Eight weeks." I usually wind up saying, "But the pooch is due to all the fertility medication I was on to get here. The baby is the size of a grain of rice." This always gets interesting responses.....but it is a nice little segway into sharing how the Lord has blessed us.

Today at work I wore a bella band for the first time. I bought this great skirt at the beginning of the year. It is red and white and I wear it with this cute white top and these great red sandals. It is one of my favorite outfits but with the arrival of fall I know there are only a few days left when I'll be able to wear it.....there is just something wrong about strappy sandals and bare legs in November (even in Texas).
Anyway, I only zipped the skirt halfway and wore a band with it. It was awesome. I wish I'd had one of these before I was pregnant for those "fat" days or when we went to eat at a great restaurant. I'm really resisting maternity clothes at this point but I also need to face the reality that my pants don't fit.....so I got the bands and they'll do until I can make it to the mall to buy new pants in a slightly larger size.

Overall I think the pants not fitting would be depressing if I didn't have a good reason for it. I'm so excited about being pregnant and so in love with this baby already that it doesn't bother me. The baby bump is making it hard to keep this pregnancy on the downlow at work.....so I guess I'll be letting people know sooner rather than later.

2 Comments:

Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I LOVE my bella band, wearing it now. I agree I wish I had one before. My husband is even jealous. :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Belle said...

Glad to read you're doing well! I was wondering if you would email me as I have a few questions about IUI. I think I read that you did that before IVF and we just did an IUI this past Saturday. My email is (without the spaces, of course!) jodycheek @ aol dot com.

Thanks!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home