Thursday, February 28, 2008

I crack myself up....

A few weeks ago one of the assistant principals on my campus patted my belly. It was just after I'd definitely started to show and finally gone from that "Is she or isn't she?" stage to where it is obvious that I am pregnant.
Anyway, it was still weird that this guy who I don't know very well would pat me....so I reached over and patted his stomach right back. He weighs about 275 so there was definitely some gut to pat. I could tell it totally caught him off guard but he just responded by saying, "Mine's still bigger." To which I said, "True but give me a month or two and maybe we'll even out." Then I walked off.
I'm so proud of myself that I patted someone back when I was uncomfortable. I honestly don't mind when my friends and family touch my stomach. My mom and sister spent forever on Monday night trying to get the baby to kick and it wasn't weird. But there is definitely an inner circle of people that I'm okay with and others that I'm not.

On a side note: when my sister kept whispering to the baby over and over I finally had to say that it was just too weird.
I told JW the other night that the books say the dad should talk to the baby during pregnancy so the baby will recognize his voice. JW just gave me a look and then said, "Can I just talk to you and let the baby listen?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Good for you! That is awesome. I'm so doing that the next time someone pats mine without asking. Even better than he had a nice paunch to pat.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Bravo to you for doing that! I can only hope I'm as brave to do that once I am pregnant.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home