Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Being a working mom....


It's official. I'm a working mom now. I started work at my new job last Friday. School doesn't officially start until August 25th but we have orientation meetings for new staff this week and inservice all next week as well. I've worked the same job for the past 6 years so this is a big change for me.

My mom has been keeping our boy for the first few days. This was great because I was able to test out how much food to leave him. I'm breastfeeding and have been pumping and storing milk. The problem with switching to bottle feeding though is that I'm not sure how much he takes at each feeding. So my mom kept track of how much milk she thawed out and put in the bottles so I can confidently leave bottles for him at daycare.

I'll officially drop him off at daycare tomorrow morning. I'm nervous about trying to get out the door with all we need, dropping him off and getting to work on time. And OBVIOUSLY I'm nervous about leaving him at the school.

I really like the school we found. The infant room is very peaceful and calming. All of the babies seemed so happy there and things are clean and organized. But right now the teachers there are strangers to me.

I knew this day would come since before we even were able to get pregnant.....it doesn't make it any easier though. I think I'll be skipping the mascara tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home