Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"I'm sorry....that sucks."

I decided tonight that these are the words I want to hear when I tell someone about our struggle...especially when I'm telling you as your new baby cries in the background or your belly is about to pop with the one you are expecting. I don't want to hear stories about how someone they know finally had a baby. I just want to hear them acknowledge that it sucks. I want them to acknowledge that it isn't really fair and that it must be hard when things don't happen easily. This is what I want.....well, this and a baby!

3 Comments:

Blogger nickoletta100 said...

You are absolutely correct. Music to my ears when someone says this to me.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I completely agree. I told my MIL that -- "Please don't offer advice. The best thing you can say is "I'm so sorry. If you need to talk, I'm here."

10:43 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yep I'm the same way. There really aren't words to make us feel better. We have no babies, that's it. and it's sucks.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home