Wednesday, July 11, 2007

CD 1. Cycle 23.

Well, the stick predicted her arrival. The blood test confirmed it was inevitable and today it became official. We're starting cycle 23. Our last IUI cycle before moving on to IVF. Honestly I wasn't too upset yesterday when I got the blood work results because I already knew that it would be negative.
I'm sad but I also feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel....one more IUI to go....maybe it will finally work and if it doesn't then we'll be able to move on to IVF. I know some people have reservations about IVF but I'm ready. I'm okay with the shots at this point and I'm just ready to try something that the doctors think will actually work.
So I kind of feel like I'm going through the motions of shots and IUIs to just get to move on to IVF but I also know that we could get pregnant this month. Ah. I'm the eternal optimist about this baby thing.

Of course I'm not 100% optimistic....in the back of mind I've also been thinking a lot about if we do proceed to IVF how many attempts will we be willing to take. Our insurance covers 6 but I'm not sure if I could endure 6 failed attempts. I know we'll cross that bridge when we get there but it is already floating in the back of my head.

I just want to trust that the Lord has a plan for us and that He will provide a family for us when the timing is right. I understand that His provision doesn't always look like I anticipate but I know that His provision is always good and always just what we need.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cibele said...

I am so sorry about the BFN. I am glad to hear that you are an "eternal optimist about this baby thing" SO I am, I also trust in the Lord and I know that He has great things reserved for us.
Good luck with your last IUI cycle

10:47 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

You sound pretty ok with it but I am still very sorry about AF showing. Maybe this IUI will surprise you. :)

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home