Friday, August 03, 2007

Sometimes I wonder if IUI is a big waste of time.

I have concerns about the whole IUI procedure. I understand the point of it all but....if you abstain for a few days before the IUI then you might miss the beginning of the "fertile window." In our case JW has either been out of town the days following the IUI or I've been so sick or uncomfortable because of a cyst that "exposure" after the IUI wasn't even a possibility. So basically we have cycles were the one IUI is our only chance. For this reason I'm not that shocked that the first 4 IUIs haven't worked and I'm not to optimistic about this one. Of course with IUI you have about a 20% chance of conceiving and this is our fifth one....so statistically it should happen, right??? Ah, if it only worked that way.



On a side note, I have been going around and around with Dr. K's office about the first visit we ever had with them. They billed it to our insurance as "routine" and the insurance said, "RE consults, pelvic exams and ultrasounds are not routine--DENIED." So since then EVERY time I go to the RE the receptionist tells me "You have a balance on your account." And EVERY time I explain that it has to be resubmitted to our insurance and that I've left countless messages for the insurance girl at the office. Finally, I spoke to the insurance girl and she told me that I needed to contact the other office and talk to the billing coordinator there because she didn't know if she would remember to call her....wait a second, isn't that your job?? Oh well, we have already discussed that Dr. K needs to put me on the payroll HERE
So today I received yet another bill but upon discussion with the insurance found that they had paid it and Dr. K's office should be getting the money today....Woohoo!! I'm so excited that the next time I go I won't have to hear "You have a balance on your account."

Now all I need to do is sort out why in the world the ARTs clinic build JW's semen analysis and prep for IUI as "routine" as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home