Friday, July 27, 2007

What the journey has cost...but I'm not talking about money.

Someday I will sit down and calculate how much money we spent on our infertility journey...but today is not that day.

Today I was thinking about the other things that it has "cost". Here is my list:


1) My skin. I'm sorry I'm vain. I have adult acne. I stopped using all the good medication two years ago because we were trying to have a baby and they can cause birth defects. However, the clearisil isn't really cutting it....especially with all these meds.

2) Alertness. I'll be honest that I was drinking too much caffeine before. I was easily drinking 64 oz of soda before I got home from work at 4:30pm and then I'd drink coke at dinner and throughout the evening. It was kind of disgusting when I think about it...but now I'm more or less caffeine free. I'm sure that it is better for my health but there are some afternoons when I'm dragging and just want a big vanilla Dr. Pepper from Dairy Twin. Yes, you read that correctly--Dairy Twin. It is located next to the Dairy Queen in the town where I work and they have this ice that is amazing. It is better than Sonic.....and I don't say that lightly.
3) Hot tub time. We have a hot tub in our beautiful backyard courtesy of the previous owners. It is great.....but we never use it because I'm always afraid during the 2ww and of course because I don't want JW in there because it might affect his counts. This isn't a huge loss right now though because it is summer and too hot to sit in 100+ degree water anyway. I think it is kind of ironic because once we finally have a kid I'll probably be too tired to enjoy it much then either.


4) Sanity....which comes and goes throughout the month.

I'm sure I could think of more but I need to go run errands.


I've also gained so much through this journey.....ah, but that is for a different post, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home