Friday, July 27, 2007

Teaching...it's what I do.

Well, yesterday I had lunch with two of my really good friends from college. It was so fun to hang out and catch up. They only live about an hour and a half away but life just gets so busy and we don't see each other often enough.

Anyway, Jessica and Sharee were some of the first people to know that we were trying. I told them ages ago that we'd probably have kids as soon as JW was done with school. Two years ago in September I saw Sharee and she jokingly asked, "Are you pregnant yet?" We'd only been trying for a month at that point so I just laughed and said "Not yet but I'm doing my best." Of course it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it is two years later and we still don't have kids so something must be up. I don't mind sharing the details and so I told them where we were at. I told them about how we'd done 6 months of clomid. I told them how we'd done three months of injectibles with IUI. I had to explain what IUI was which was kind of weird because all of our husbands are friends too. I was basically giving a little lesson on how the female body works, what all the drugs do, etc.
When I was talking about giving myself shots they seemed shocked that I have to give them to myself in the stomach. I'm not really sure why the stomach was more frightening than the thigh, arm or butt but they seemed pretty disturbed. It might have also been the matter of fact way I stated that you just pinch up the fat roll and poke it in. I did tell them the needles were small.....because the Gonal-F pen needle is pretty small.

So I'm suppose to be off this summer and taking a break from teaching but I'm still teaching....just a different subject and different students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home