Monday, August 06, 2007

Moving on up....

We got the call this afternoon that our beta was negative. IUI #3 with injectibles was a bust and we're moving on to IVF. Weirdly I'm totally okay. I'm disappointed but excited and ready to move on to IVF.
So now we're just waiting on Aunt Flo to arrive so I can start the birth control pill and we'll be on our way.....The nurse told me a ton of stuff when she called but it is all kind of a blur....I know step one is to call when my period starts and step two is to take the pill. I'll figure out the details and ask questions on that first call I guess.

I know that 6 months ago I never imagined that we'd be doing IVF because I didn't know our insurance covered it and we certainly couldn't afford it out of pocket.....but they do cover it and here we go!! Once AF arrives this will be the 24th cycle of trying to conceive....2 years down....hopefully not long to go!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

Sorry about the negative IUI. Best wishes on your IVF! When you do get the full instructions for the process, remember to just keep taking it one step at a time.

How many IVF attempts will your insurance cover? Isn't it a blessing?!

6:52 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I believe I wrote this post....

Seriously, 6 months ago I said no IVF due to insurance not covering it. Here I am now, just finished the BCP's and starting stims Friday for IVF #1. We will definitely be in the same boat! Good luck to both of us!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Well, I'm sorry that this cycle was a bust, but I'm happy that you're excited to be moving onto IVF. Sending lots of luck for this cycle.

And I got you on the list for Ayelet Waldman. Glad you're joining :-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger In Search of Morning Sickness said...

I am sorry IUI #3 w/ injectables didn't work. Ours (back in April) didn't either, and now we're on to IVF #1 (starting end of this month). Perhaps we'll be cycle buddies? How long do they want you on BCP's? When AF arrived this time, it was month 25 TTC - you're just one behind me! Anyway, wishing you luck and keep posing progress!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home