Wednesday, August 08, 2007

CD 1 again....

Well, it's official. Today is cycle day 1 of cycle 24 in this journey. I start the birth control pill on Saturday. Have I discussed how ironic it is that I never took the pill to prevent pregnancy but now I'm taking it to try to get pregnant? The pill is actually the part about IVF that freaks me out.
I took birth control for maybe three months before we were married. It increased my bra size by two cups. Now, normally a woman might be excited about an increase in bra size but when the lady at the speciality bra shop where I buy bras told me that she thought I really needed an F but maybe could squeeze into an E I knew I was in trouble. A 28 F?? What a ridiculous bra size!! My mom started to freak out that I wasn't going to be able to fit into my wedding dress which had already been ordered so I stopped taking the pill and have been pill free ever since.
But I'm scared that this might make my chest grow again....and I totally don't want to deal with that.
Perhaps the fact that the pill is freakest part of IVF to me is a sign that I don't really know what I'm in for. I've read everything online about IVF...my RE's website; stirrup queen's summary, random other articles, etc. They all pretty much say the same thing so I'm just ready to meet with my doctor next week to discuss exactly what we need to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I just finished reading "A Couples Guide to IVF" last night. It didn't take long to read as I skipped the chapter on finding an RE and stuff like that. I highly recommend it though. It gave a great overall view of how it all works and what the drugs do etc. We're in this together! Stay strong!

3:13 PM  
Blogger glenna marshall said...

Just passing through...praying you have a successful IVF. I'm a fellow IF girl--been TTC for 3+ years. Hope you don't mind me reading!

God bless!

-glenna-

6:31 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I wish you all the best as you start this journey of IVF. God is on your side and with him all things are possible.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home