Monday, July 23, 2007

Note to self....

Someday I will be a mom and we'll probably decide to try for baby #2. I assume that we'll head back to Dr. K's for some help. Anyway, when that day finally comes we will remember not to bring our child with us to the REs.
Today there was a woman and her husband at Dr. K's who had their baby with them....and it bothered me. I think it bothered the other women in the waiting room too. I don't think it was wrong of them to bring their baby and I'm sure there was some reason for it but I just know I won't bring my baby with me for round 2.....just like I'll never ask someone "So, when are you going to have kids?" ever again.

Side Note: It bothers me when people bring their kids to the gynecologist too but for totally different reasons. No kid should have to see their mom in stir-ups....talk about scarred for life!

5 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

I know what you mean. It's not wrong for people to bring their kids, but it is uncomfortable. In the end, I always end up feeling kind of sorry for them, wondering if they don't have anyone close by that could watch their child for a little bit...

7:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I've heard a lot of women feel like you.. I always feel hopeful when I see kids at the RE's office.. I asume they were an IUI/IVF baby and that makes me happy :-)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Princess Peach said...

good note to self...some clinics will not allow you to bring children..it's common sense.

11:12 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

This just annoys me. My RE office even has a sign up that says not to bring in babies/children and still it happens. Are people that dumb? Really?

11:28 AM  
Blogger katd said...

I know exactly what you mean! Our office had a sign asking women not to bring children, too, but it still happened. What's worse than sitting there waiting to go into the stirrups for who knows what procedure wondering if it will work or not and seeing some woman and her baby? Not much.
And don't even get me started about kids at the gyno...I had a coworker who had her three year old IN the delivery room with her when her second baby was born. Talk about scarred for life! :)

I wanted to say, too, that I love your previous post. Blogging has been the best thing for me as far as not feeling alone. It's the best little community!:) I'm glad to have found your blog and so glad you read mine! :) Take care and keep in touch!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home