Friday, September 14, 2007

My secret is out....

So I guess it is a little obvious that I show up to work an hour late three days in a row....especially since I have a bruise on one arm from the Wednesday blood draw and today I forgot to take my bandaid off before coming in......So, I'm back in my office working away and one of the office ladies pops in and says, "So, are you trying to get pregnant?"

What is an infertile to do? I can't lie. I just have to admit it. "Yes, but it isn't working so great which is why I'm going to the doctor so much." This statement is followed by an explanation of how she too had problems for 2 years, never went to the doctor and then got pregnant. Congratulations!! That's so great....but it doesn't help me. I told her that we've tried many things including excessive amounts of alcohol, avoiding alcohol all together, 3 great relaxing vacations as well as numerous tests, drugs and procedures. Now we're doing IVF.

My secret is out. My family, our church and now the people I work with know.....
I'm okay with the family and church part but I'm frustrated with the work part. I don't want people at my work to know if we get PG. My original plan (when all this trying to conceive started) was to wait to tell work until it was obvious. So much for that!! Speaking of work, I'd better get back to it!!

5 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

Isn't it such a catch-22 to have people know about your IVF? We opted to tell most everyone, so that we could get support during the process (which was great), but then it seemed strange that everybody and their dog knew when our results would come in (which felt like a lot of pressure, as well as taking away privacy). Oh well...

10:23 AM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

You should still be able to keep it from work people. When you do get your BFP and they ask you questions, just tell them you don't have news to share. You won't be lying!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I have found that I prefer people knowing to not knowing. I am a horrible liar, too, so I have sometimes ended up telling people who I never intended to tell simply because they asked me if I had ever thought about having kids. (And, yeah... I've done a little thinking about that!)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I like what Diana said. There's no reason to tell them until you're ready and she gives you a way to do it honestly.

At least in the meantime you don't have to make up excuses for your absences. GOOD LUCK!

2:12 PM  
Blogger In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Yeah definitely a Catch-22. We did the same thing Andrea did, for the support, but at the same time I do NOT want people emailing, calling, etc asking how I feel, have I gotten a positive POAS. So I posted our blood draw date and intent on sticking with telling people we'll know then. I don't care if I get BFN/BFP on a home test before that, I WONT tell.

GOOD LUCK! What day of meds is today????? I LOVE the Follistim pen, compared to mixing Gonal-f. SO NICE.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home