Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm a bad blogger....

I'm a bad blogger. I've fallen so far behind in blogging. I've been busy at work so I haven't been able to blog on the job and I haven't been bringing my computer home so I haven't blogged at home either.

So far things have been pretty good. Two weeks ago I woke up with a terrible pain up my left side. I couldn't do anything to get relief and after two hours of pain I finally sucked it up and called the doctor. They told me to go ahead and come in. JW took me to the doctor and I laid down on one of the couches in the waiting room. I'm sure the other women there who were all dressed nicely for their OB/GYN appointments were thinking "What the heck is wrong with that girl?" As I lay there in my fleece pants and t-shirt, no makeup, crazy hair, with my whole body rolled up in a ball.
They took me back and we had an ultrasound....a tummy one not a transvaginal!!! It was kind of crazy. And we got to hear the heartbeat. It was amazing. I'm really looking forward to hearing it again when I don't feel like my side is being riped open....but it was still awesome.
The midwife (who I don't really like) came in to tell me that the baby looked fine and she wanted the sonogram to rule out an ectopic pregnancy but that my ovary was enlarged so I'd have to see the doctor.
As I waited for the doctor I thought "I probably could've told them that the pregnancy wasn't ectopic because the egg was never in my tube to start with." I don't really know if this is medically true but it seems that an IVF ectopic pregnancy would be difficult because the blastocyst was transferred to my uterus....how would it get sucked back up the tube....but I digress.
So Dr. Howell who was on call came in to see me. He was very nice. He seemed a little concerned that my ovary was over 8cm wide. He told me to take it easy for a few days because the pain might've been caused by the ovary twisting. Fun!! The good thing was that he pretty much said it wasn't that big of a deal without making me feel silly for actually coming into the doctor.
I took it easy for a few days and haven't had any significant pain since.

Our next appointment in Nov 19th and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again!! Woohoo!!

2 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

Ooh, sorry for the enlarged ovary & the pain! Glad to hear from you...

1:15 PM  
Blogger glenna marshall said...

Good to have an update from you!! Glad all seems to be okay...hope you don't have anymore pain.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home