Thursday, December 20, 2007

Another appointment down....

We had another appointment with the OB/GYN today. The heartbeat was in the 140s and everything else is looking good (blood pressure, weight gain, etc). It is so weird to go to the doctor only once a month. Through infertility and especially through the IVF cycle I just got SO used to going all the time....I can't believe they only want to see me every four weeks now.


We scheduled our next appointment for Jan 21st. It is the "Big Ultrasound" one but I don't think we're going to find out the gender. JW says the suspense might kill him but then I remind him that the suspense shouldn't build too much because it is either a boy or a girl.


We're headed to my in-laws for Christmas. I'm excited and it should be fun times. It should also be interesting because we found out last week that my in-laws haven't told any of the extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) that we're expecting. So, we're rolling into town, visibly pregnant and springing the news on everybody. "Hey, didn't you know we're pregnant? I'm already 4 months along!" This might be slightly awkward.
When I first heard that my in-laws didn't tell anyone I kind of freaked out because I wondered, "Are they not excited about their first grandbaby?" I wondered this mainly because my parents, in contrast, were slightly irritated that we asked them to wait to tell their friends until after we had our ultrasound and saw the heartbeat. On a side note, my parents didn't even wait that long to tell my aunts and uncles.
But then I realize that this isn't really about the in-laws level of excitement and is a lot more about communication within their family. They just do things differently than my family. And I guess if their communication style is my biggest complaint than really in the grand scheme of things I lucked out as far as in-laws are concerned.

But, don't you think it is a little weird that they didn't tell anyone?? Just a little??

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm 4 and a half months pregnant and my husband's dad didn't tell any of his family either. So they will also be getting quite the shock on Christmas Eve. We were as perplexed by the not telling as you seem to be. I guess some families are just different! We'll have to compare notes after the holidays and see how our respective inlaws took the news. I just hope they aren't mad they weren't told!

Good luck and happy holidays!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home