Monday, November 26, 2007

Another awkward pregnancy moment....

So, I thought the awkward moments of pregnancy would be defined by belly pats or questions about the baby being "natural" .....then I sent out an email and experienced the most awkward moment of pregnancy yet.

You see I sent out an email to a group of friends from high school who I still keep in touch with. There were about 8 people on the email. It basically said that I wasn't going to go to the 10 year reunion because our baby is due the day of the reunion. I did state in the email that I would hopefully see all of them at the two weddings that are coming up in February and March. The grooms of these weddings (Matt and Brian) were both on the email list. I've gone to school with these boys since the 6th grade....and long story short I dated one of them (Brian) in high school. We've all remained friends. Brian has met and hung out with JW several times. I adore Brian's fiancee. It's been over 10 years and we're all just friends.

Anyway, one of the boys (Matt) writes back:
"Congratulations Amy and Brian! That is great news! Can't wait to meet the little girl or boy."

AWKWARD!!!
It is also weird because Matt totally knows my husband and has hung out with him tons. His brain is obviously fried right now by law school finals but it doesn't change the fact that he sent out an email congratulating me and an old boyfriend on having a baby....oh, and yes, Brian was on the reply all list too.

3 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

Oops! That IS terribly awkward...

7:45 AM  
Blogger katd said...

That is hilarious. :) Don't you just love those moments? :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

WOW - only slightly wierd! i wanted to thank you for your posts! I am new to blogging but finding other women going through the same things is so nice. I'm going to share you on my blog - i want other women to be able to find you! thanks again

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home