Wednesday, December 05, 2007

God's timing is perfect...

God's timing is perfect and good even when we don't understand it. We have learned so much about God's sovereignty over our lives through our infertility journey. I knew learning these lessons about God's goodness and provision were important but I didn't know how quickly I'd get to apply my faith and knowledge about who God is and that He is in control of our lives.....

Yesterday afternoon JW received some bad news. The firm he works for is closing it's Texas office where JW works. The firm will official close its doors on February 1st.

Obviously this is stressful for tons of reasons--suddenly my husband needs a job, we're having a baby, we have bills to pay, it's Christmas. One of the most stressful things is that it could mean we need to move. Right now I just can't really wrap my brain around finishing the school year, having a baby and moving.... I know I need to set that aside and cross that bridge when I get there.

I do know that the firm's announcement did not catch the Lord off guard. It is stressful and disappointing but we have also been so blessed by JW's job with this firm. He has worked with great people and the benefits have been great. Especially the medical insurance. JW's firm is actually based out of Massachusetts so we had full fertility coverage. We paid only copays for 5 IUI cycles and our IVF cycle. The frozen storage for our embryo has already been paid by the insurance for the next two years. We are blessed. God's timing is so good because I don't know what we would do at this point if we were still in the throws of IVF. It is a little too much to think about.

I'll now be back on my school's insurance plan which is decent medical coverage but has not infertility benefits. They will cover my pregnancy though and I don't have to switch OBs or anything, so that is good.

For now the job search is on and the budgeting has begun. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. We're buckling up and hanging on to Jesus because this might be wild ride!

5 Comments:

Blogger andrea_jennine said...

God's timing is perfect, indeed! What grace that you can say that right now. Thank goodness that the LORD is our provider (not jobs or insurance or any of that).

10:30 AM  
Blogger Yetty said...

Hold on to that revelation Amy. God HAS been good & will continue to be good to you. Remember the words of Jesus in Matt:are not two sparrows bought for a penny & yet none of them will fall to the ground without God's say so & you are worth far more than sparrows.

1:00 PM  
Blogger nickoletta100 said...

I am so sorry to hear this, it sucks right before the holidays too. I hope JW finds something very soon and you don't have to move!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

God plan is to give us future and a hope! I know where you are - we just moved from Louisiana to Texas due to my husband's job and it was hard, but God was behind it!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

God is good. ALL the time! So glad to stumble across your blog. May God continue to bless your family.

P.S. I'm not a weird blog stalker, just another infertile woman - you know misery loves company! :-)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home